For a free quote or if you have any questions please click here.
 

History

Diesel Equipment Limited (DEL) was founded by Jack Martin, Vic Williams, Walter Sanderson and Bill Tucker. Their planning of the business started in Europe in their RCEME unit. Building the business began in November 1945, immediately upon their return from World War II.

Originally a service station, DEL quickly engaged in the manufacturing of truck bodies. By the 1970s, DEL was the largest manufacturer of steel dump bodies in Canada, shipping rail car loads from Halifax to Calgary. The DEL "U" body became ubiquitous!

Beginning with Ontario in 1962, DEL opened branches across the country and now has 7 locations across Canada. Each branch has full manufacturing and installation capabilities.

Today DEL is a leader in the Canadian truck body upfitting industry by manufacturing standard and custom-made DEL products and nationally distributing a variety of truck bodies amd truck mounted equipment from world class brands such as Unicell van bodies, Effer knuckle boom cranes, Swaploader hook-lift hoists and Swenson spreaders.

DEL remains owned and operated by the Martin family.
Jack Martin
Jack Martin

 
News and Announcements
More News
DEL COMPLETES TRANSACTION WITH DRIVE PRODUCTS
DEL COMPLETES TRANSACTION WITH DRIVE PRODUCTS
DEL Completes Transaction with Drive Products

 DEL Equipment Inc. and Drive Products Inc. merger
DEL Equipment Inc. and Drive Products Inc. merger
DEL obtains court approval for agreement with Drive Products...
Press Release February 2020
Press Release February 2020
DEL enters intro agreement with Drive Products...
NRC
DEL Alberta
Copyright © 2014 DEL Equipment Limited
Send us Feedback Policies & Disclaimer | Website by Inorbital